Today's Colbert-ism: “Like any good newsman, I believe that if you're not scared, I'm not doing my job.”
**For this post, you’ll need to know that since people tend to find the term “retard” offensive, I instead use the term “tardagain (rhymes with “cardigan”).”**
I hate it when someone takes a light-hearted comment that’s more clever than funny and runs it into the ground. Especially if it’s just a light-hearted comment that someone else latches onto and tries to put his or her own spin on it. Because that usually means the joke isn’t really funny anymore AND they trying to get mileage out of it.
For example, last night I was watching the San Antonio Spurs and the Denver Nuggets play basketball on TNT. At the end of the game San Antonio’s Robert Horry hit a really important three-pointer to basically win the game for San Antonio. The thing is, he’s done that many times before. I mean, they call him "Big Shot Bob." So after the game was over the color commentators said, “Being clutch is just in Robert Horry’s DNA,” as they were sending it to the sideline reporter who was standing with Horry for a post game interview. So she said something like “we’re gonna get CSI over here to check it out.” Yuk, yuk, yuk. Then in the course of the twenty-second interview she referenced “CSI” another three times.
See what she did? She took a light-hearted comment and tried to make it funnier than it was intended to be. Ha ha. We get it. Now shut the hell up, tardagain.
People, resist the urge to do something like that. You’re not funny. You’re definitely not clever. You know why? Because the guy who made the original comment is the clever guy. All you did was recycle their idea and hammer it into our temples. Cut it out... ass. The end.
peace sign,
p
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment