Thursday, April 12, 2007

Movie Quotes

So here's a running list of quotes that I thought were worth scribbling down. As I gather new ones, I'll post them in a separate, but for now they are alphabetized by movie title. I hope you can share in my joy with some of them. By no means is the list complete or impressive. In fact, it's kind of pathetic right now. But the plan is to expand on it gradually. Please, enjoy what there is so far:

“It’s by black people and they’re pretty angry most of the time.”
-Nicholas Hoult in About a Boy

“I couldn’t possibly think of a worse godfather for Imogen. You know what I’m like. I’ll drop her on her head at her Christening. I’ll forget all her birthdays until her eighteenth, when I’ll take her out and get her drunk and possibly, let’s face it, you know, try and shag her.”
-Hugh Grant in About a Boy

“Look, that’s a real bullshit question, Woodward. That is a question straight out of Wichita, Kansas.”
-Uncredited by IMDB, The Character Kenneth Clawson, All the President’s Men

“You guys are probably pretty tired. Well you should be. Go home. Get a nice bath. Rest up. Fifteen minutes. Then get your asses back in gear. We’re under a lot of pressure, and you put us there. Nothing’s riding on this except the First Amendment of the constitution. Freedom of the press and maybe the future of the country. Not that any of that matters. But if you guys fuck up again I’m gonna get mad. Goodnight.”
-Jason Robards in All the President’s Men

“Sarcasm is anger’s ugly cousin.”
-Jack Nicholson in Anger Management

“What do you mean brought it bowling, Dude? I didn't rent it shoes. I'm not buying it a fucking beer. He's not taking your fucking turn, Dude.”
-John Goodman in The Big Lebowski

“I can’t feel my face. I mean I can touch it, but I can’t feel it inside.”
-Bobcat Goldthwait in BLOW

“We’ll start the ass-kissin’ with you.”
-Willem Dafoe in Boondock Saints

“Fuckin’…What the fuckin’ fuck? Who the fuck? Fuck this fuckin’…How did you two fuckin’ fucks?…Fuck!”
-David Della Rocco in Boondock Saints

“They can suck my pathetic little dick, and I’ll dip my nuts in marinara sauce just so the fat bastards can get a taste of home while they’re at it.”
-David Della Rocco in Boondock Saints

“I can’t buy a pack of smokes without runnin’ into nine guys you fucked.”
-David Della Rocco in Boondock Saints

“What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.”
-Strother Martin in Cool Hand Luke

“Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can beat a real cool hand.”
-Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke

“Rome weren’t built in a day, Cole. ‘Course, uh, I wasn’t overseein’ that particular job, but…”
-Michael Wincott in Dead Man

"When I was your age, they would say you could become cops or criminals. What I'm saying is this: When you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?"
Jack Nicholson in The Departed

“Boy, I am two seconds from being on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm. I'm gonna put my foot so far up your ass, the water on my knee will quench your thirst.”
-Damon Wayans in Major Payne

“Even if a husband lives 200 hundred fucking years, he'll never discover his wife's true nature. I may be able to understand the secrets of the universe, but... I'll never understand the truth about you. Never.”
-Marlon Brando in Last Tango in Paris

“You know in 15 years, you're going to be playing soccer with your tits. What do you think of that?”
-Marlon Brando in Last Tango in Paris

“The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you can't. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you'll have to square with that some day. And me, for example, I can let you drown, but I can't bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesies, savvy? So, can you sail under the command of a pirate, or can you not?”
-Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

“Funny ol' world, innit?”
-Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

“I was so lucky getting mono. That was like, the best diet ever.”
-Mira Sorvino in Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion

“Would you excuse me? I cut my foot before and my shoe is filling up with blood.”
- Mira Sorvino in Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion

“Wow. Three kids…You must feel really tied down.”
-Mira Sorvino in Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion

“This dress exacerbates the genetic betrayal that is my legacy.”
- Janeane Garofalo in Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion

No comments: